Simple and super easy steak recipe to grill on your chiminea you’ll love how amazing this tastes with such simple ingredients. Probably the best cuts of steak for grilling are rump, sirloin, rib-eye, and fillet as they’re the most tender. Choose your preferred cut.
- 4 rib-eye (or your own preference for steak)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp dried herbs de Provence (or mixed herbs)
- Extra virgin olove oile for brushing
- Jacket potatoes (see recipe)
- Mix together dry ingredients and rub over both sides of your steaks. Leave to marinate for at least 3+ hours.
- Brush the steaks with olive oil and cook on the grill rack for 2 mins each side for medium rare. Longer if you prefer.
- Serve with jacket potatoes and coleslaw.
- Aim for about 3cm thick steaks or more.
- Trim the excess fat from steaks to prevent it dripping on the coals and causing flame.
- Make sure to rest your steaks for at least 5-7 minutes before eating.
Recipe inspiration from ‘Cooking with Chimineas‘ by Wendy Sweetser – thank you, Wendy!