This tasty little number is best cooked in a long-handled pan in your chiminea fire or on top using a chimney crown or similar. Perfect in a wrap with some tzatziki and some fresh, crunchy greens or with meat and 2 veg for dinner.
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh mint
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flatbread or wrap
- Crunchy green salad
- Tzaziki Store bought (or make with natural yoghurt, grated cucumber, mints, lemon, garlic)
- Using a food processor whizz up the onion, garlic and oil first. Once in a paste, ad the lamb, mint and spices.
- Shape into at least 20 meatballs. Chill for at least 30mins in the fridge.
- Using a long-handled grill pan cook directly over fire or on top of the chimney for about 10 mins or cooked through.
- Make meatballs all the same size so they cook evenly.
- Turn often
- Always use heatproof gloves with the long-handled pan.
Recipe inspiration from ‘The Chiminea Cookbook And User’s Guide’ by Alison & Dana Doncaster.
Check out more chiminea recipes in our chiminea cooking section.