TERIYAKI ROAST SALMON
Cooked directly in the coals chiminea jacket potatoes are amazing and perfect to have with HERB AND SPICE-RUBBED STEAKS. Speed up the cooking time by giving them a quick zap for a few minutes in the microwave first – but for best results cook entirely in the coals.
- 8 large scallops
- 500g (18 oz) Monkfish fillet cut onto kebab size chunks
- 2 Tbsp light cooking oil of your choice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 75g (2oz) parma ham
- Fresh rosemary
- 1/2 white radish julien
- I large carrot julien
- 4 spring onions shredded
- Mix your honey, oil, lemon jiuce, garlic and rosemary together as a marinade and place your monkfish chunks and scallops in and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Wrap the monkfish in parma ham.
- Skewer alternately your wrapped monkfish and scallops into about 4 kebabs.
- Cook on the grill for about 5 to 7 minutes total or until everything is cooked through and your parma ham is crispy and your seafood is less clear and more opaque looking. Baste with extra marinade during cooking.
- Cut you monkfish a similar size to your scallops so everything will cook more evenly.
- Make sure your monkfish has no skin before you start.
- Optional – cut off any excess fat from
Ideas and inspiration are taken from ‘Cooking with Chimineas‘ by Wendy Sweetser – thank you, Wendy!