When a Firepit is Better Than a Chiminea? – 5 Best Firepits
The close cousin of the chiminea – the fire pit can also be a stunning addition to any garden. But when is a firepit a better choice than a chiminea? What are the pros and cons? And who should choose a fire pit over a chiminea?
There are a few key reasons why a firepit might be a better choice than a chiminea
- Size: Chimineas tend to be smaller in size, while firepits can vary in size. If you are looking for a larger fire area, then a firepit is a better option.
- Ventilation: Firepits have better ventilation than chimineas, which is important for safety reasons. This also means that you can use a firepit in any climate, while chimineas are better suited for warmer climates.
- Design: Chimineas are often more decorative, while firepits are more utilitarian in design. This might be a consideration if you are looking for something that will also act as a focal point in your garden.
- Cost: Firepits are often cheaper than chimineas.
- Ease of use: Firepits are typically easier to use than chimineas, as they don’t require the same level of chimney maintenance. However, it is easier to light a fire in a chiminea than a firepit.
So who should choose a firepit over a chiminea?
If you are looking for a larger fire area, better ventilation, or a more utilitarian design, then a firepit is the better choice.
When you want to have a BIG FIRE! The size of the fire you can have on a chiminea is pretty small. If you dream about sitting around some giant flames, then a firepit is a much better choice.
If you live in a warmer climate or are just looking for something decorative, then a chiminea might be the better option.
We’ve put together a list of the 5 best fire pits to help you make your decision.
1. DAWOO Fire Pit with BBQ Grill – EDITORS’ CHOICE
This DAWOO fire pit is the perfect way to enjoy a cozy evening outdoors. It features a sturdy design with a special pattern that is ideal for warmth, barbecuing, and cooling drinks and food.
The 32” tabletop provides ample space for supplies, and the mesh lid prevents burning embers from blowing away. The poker can be used to stoke the fire and remove the lid.
Free waterproof cover included. We really like this fire pit as it’s affordable yet quality – definitely editors’ choice!
2. Amazon Basics Portable Folding Fire Pit
This 66-cm AmazonBasics fire pit is perfect for any outdoor occasion!
Whether you’re at the beach, park, or backyard, this lightweight and the easy-to-assemble unit provides warmth and a cozy atmosphere.
The included log grate helps to ensure efficient burning, while the painted steel bowl and fire screen keep things safe. The included carry case makes this unit portable and fun – though on the small side.
This will only house relatively small fires, but it’s a terrific budget option.
3. DAWOO 24″ Metal Outdoor Fire Pit – Large Bonfire
Looking for a stylish and functional outdoor fire pit that can house a good size fire? Look no further than the DAWOO 24″ Metal Outdoor Fire Pit.
Made of heavy-duty iron with a high temp bronze paint finish, this fire pit is sturdy and durable enough to last through years of use.
The hexagon shape allows for even heating distribution, while the deep bowl provides plenty of room to make a fire of whatever size you want.
Perfect for 4 to 6 people to sit around, this garden firepit is the perfect addition to any gathering.
Check out my article on COOLEST CHIMINEAS ON TREND FOR 2022.
4. Homeology TONTERIA Prestigious Garden & Patio Heater
The Tonteria Prestigious Garden & Patio Heater is a top-of-the-line fire pit that’s perfect for any outdoor space.
Featuring a square frame and a beautiful stone finish, this heater is both practical and stylish. It can be used with charcoal, logs, coal, and wood to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
The safety mesh lid allows you to watch the burning fire while keeping your family safe, and the poker tool makes it easy to rearrange the logs or coal.
5. COSTWAY 81cm Outdoor Fire Pit with BBQ Grill
Looking for a multifunctional fire pit that can also double as a BBQ grill?
Look no further than the COSTWAY 81cm Outdoor Fire Pit with BBQ Grill. With its deep fire bowl and wide circular edge, this pit is perfect for burning logs and roasting veggies.
The adjustable cooking grill allows you to control the heat to cook your food just the way you like it. Plus, with its durable construction, this fire pit is sure to last season after season.
Self-assembly is required but it’s really straightforward. I like this one because it’s super practical and functional. The lip around the edge lets you warm bottles of wine or even just keep food warm. They have a video that shows you how to assemble and all in, it’s a nice piece of kit.
Check out how to clean a firepit next.
Main Benefits of Firepits
Here are some of the main benefits of a fireplace when compared to chimineas:
- Bigger Fires
- Choice of fuels
- Heat larger group
- Perfect for large or circular gardens
- Less likely to crack
- 360 view of fire
- Less maintenance than a chiminea
- BBQ is easier on a firepit
- Can use larger wood
- No chimney to direct smoke away
- No curation required
- No sand requiered
- Easier to clean
Your choice of a fire pit or a chiminea is entirely down to which you think will suit your needs better.
If entertaining larger groups of people and you have a nice space and would love a bigger fire then a firepit is probably the right choice.
Whichever your preference I hope you get a lot of warm garden time with family and friends.
You might also like WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHIMINEA?